Sunday, October 11, 2009

Madrid Promotional Videos


While we already know the result of where the 2016 Olympics will be, you can still see the promotional videos for Madrid, Spain. I like them because they show parts of Madrid and use some basic Spanish. I showed two of them in my Spanish 2 class. Before watching we were able to talk about the process of picking a city and the importance of hosting the Olympics. Then we watched a video which showed parts of the city and another in which people spoke in the past tense: I sang, I lived, I applauded, etc. I covered up the subtitles and had my students try to understand what was being said. The video was perfect because it combined current events with the preterit tense, which I was already reviewing with my classes.

Click here to see the post with the promotional videos

¿Ganará Madrid 2016? ¡Vénte pa' Madrid! is the post available on the blog, Vamanos

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Your idea of using promotional videos sounds very motivational. I hope the class went well.
    In your post you really shouldn't have the link to your Bloglines account. Your link to the post containing the videos is what we want to see. :-)
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete