Monday, November 16, 2009

Using Videos in the Classroom

Using videos in the classroom is a sure way to get students' attention. I found three videos and I posted the links in my blogroll. My favorite is the music video that teaches students how to conjugate Spanish -ar verbs in the present tense to a Justin Timberlake song. It would be a great video to show after teaching the new grammar point to help reinforce what was just learned.
The video about searching on Google is a great resource for students when they are assigned a project or need to do some research using the Internet. It has a lot of useful information about narrowing down your search or how to focus your search to certain websites. Many students are unaware of these features.

2 comments:

  1. Nik Peachey's videos are always so useful, but I would check about using Pamela in Skype. I don't have time to check right now, but I think that the recording aspect may have changed. You may want to check that out.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    oops! Please disregard my last comment. It was meant as a reply to another student's post.
    All of the videos you chose look useful. Personally, I would have preferred Billy the Bufanda with only Spanish text and not both Spanish and English, but having the English may work for some students.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete