Sunday, December 6, 2009

Coffee Break Spanish

Coffee Break Spanish is a series of podcasts that provide dialogs with specific vocabulary and are read with a Spanish accent rather than a Latin American accent. They can be very beneficial while learning Spanish because it goes into detail about the entire dialog after it is read and even gives some alternative vocabulary that could be used. There is one podcast - Lesson 37 - that I find very useful because it deals with asking and giving directions which is what I am practicing with my own students. Instead of listening to the entire podcast with explanaiton I would like to make it a listenting activity where my student will listen only to the dialog and answer questions about what they hear. That way instead of listening to the explanation they can provide me with an explanation about what they understood. They can then use the dialog as a model when they have to create their own dialog about asking for and providing directions with a partner.

1 comment:

  1. Your plan for using the podcast sounds like a very good one!
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete